Effective immediately: anyone wanting a copy of their High School Equivalency GED®/HiSET® transcript or diploma must request it at www.diplomasender.com or call (855) 313-5799.
Adult education empowers individuals to become self-sufficient, and to obtain the necessary skills for future employment and success. Also, because a parent is a child’s first teacher, adult education helps parents obtain the necessary skills to become full partners in their children’s success. Finally, adult education assists adults in obtaining their secondary school diploma.
Under the guidelines of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, Red River Technology Center (Duncan Adult Learning Center) has been funded to provide educational services for adults below the collegiate level in the following areas:
- High School Equivalency GED®/HiSET® Preparation
- Adult Education and basic skill instruction in reading, writing and mathematics
- English as a Second Language classes offer limited English speaking adults an opportunity to learn both spoken and written communication and survival skills
- Job Readiness (WorkKeys Career Readiness Certification)
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities
High School Equivalency GED®/HiSET® Prep and basic instruction in reading, writing, social studies, science, and math are currently available to adults free of charge.
2021-2022 Class Dates:
August 16 – December 16, 2021
January 10, 2022 – May 12, 2022
June 6 – July 21, 2022
Monday through Thursday – 8:00am to 11:00am and/or 12:00pm to 3:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday – 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Contact Janice Gay, Adult Education coordinator at 580-255-2903 or toll free 1-888-607-2446, ext. 222 for information on class enrollment.