Effective immediately: anyone wanting a copy of their High School Equivalency GED®/HiSET® transcript or diploma must request it at www.diplomasender.com or call (855) 313-5799.
Adult education empowers individuals to become self-sufficient, and to obtain the necessary skills for future employment and success. Also, because a parent is a child’s first teacher, adult education helps parents obtain the necessary skills to become full partners in their children’s success. Finally, adult education assists adults in obtaining their secondary school diploma.
Under the guidelines of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, Red River Technology Center (Duncan Adult Learning Center) has been funded to provide educational services for adults below the collegiate level in the following areas:
- High School Equivalency GED®/HiSET® Preparation
- Adult Education and basic skill instruction in reading, writing and mathematics
- English as a Second Language classes offer limited English speaking adults an opportunity to learn both spoken and written communication and survival skills
- Job Readiness (WorkKeys Career Readiness Certification)
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities
High School Equivalency GED®/HiSET® Prep and basic instruction in reading, writing, social studies, science, and math are currently available to adults free of charge.
2020-2021 Adult Education Classes
3 Sessions Available Daily: Monday – Thursday: 8am-11am; 12pm-3pm; and 6pm-9pm
August 17 – December 17, 2020
January 6 – May 13, 2021
June 1 – July 22, 2021
Contact Janice Gay, Adult Education coordinator at 580-255-2903 or toll free 1-888-607-2446, ext. 222 for information on class enrollment.