Electronics Technology student Terrell Cox was recently elected as the State SkillsUSA Post-Secondary President for 2019-2020.
***All short-term classes must be paid for by 4:30pm on the first day of class. Accepted payment forms are: cash, check, and credit/debit card. Credit and debit card payments can be made over the phone.
See below for a list of Plans of Study for short-term courses.
Enrollment ends: January 8, 2020
Classes begin: January 13, 2020
Classes end: March 5, 2020
Enrollment ends: March 11, 2020
Classes begin: March 23, 2020
Classes end: May 14, 2020
Who is eligible?
1. Anyone who is age 16 or older and resides within the boundaries of the following 13 school districts is eligible to enroll:
Bray-Doyle, Central High, Comanche, Duncan, Empire, Grandview, Marlow, Ryan, Temple, Terral, Velma-Alma, Walters and Waurika.
2. Persons residing outside the named districts may also enroll. The tuition rate is increased for non-district residents. Call 580-255-2903 for details.
Applying – Easy as 1-2-3-4
Check the class schedule and select the class you wish to take.
1. Phone (580) 255-2903 or Toll-Free 1-888-607-2446 to enroll.
2. Stop by the Technology Center in person at 3300 West Bois D’Arc in Duncan.
3. Fill out the enrollment form and mail or fax it to the Technology Center.
4. Enroll via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include name, social security number, address, phone number, the class for enrollment, and class date and time (if more than one option).
Tuition and Fees for Short Term Courses:
Tuition is due and payable in full the first day of class. The cost for books, supplies, and materials will vary, depending on class requirements.
Residents outside the Red River Technology Center district will be charged an increased tuition rate.
Tuition will be refunded upon withdrawal from a short-term adult class as follows:
After the 1st class 100% minus a $10 registration fee
After the 2nd class 75%
After the 3rd class 50%
After the 4th class 25%
No refunds will be issued after the 5th class meeting.
No refund will be issued for classes which are 24 hours or less in length. Withdrawal must be done in person or by phone.
All short-term adult education classes require a minimum number of students. A class is subject to cancellation if there is insufficient enrollment. Every effort will be made to notify enrolled students if a scheduled class cannot be held.
Short-term Courses – Plans of Study
FREE Adult Education/HSE Classes!
August 12 – December 19
January 6 – May 14, 2020
Monday through Thursday – 8:00am to 11:00am and/or 12:00pm to 3:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday – 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Pre-registration for all classes is required and students must schedule and appointment for a pre-test before attending class.
For more information, call Janice Gay at 580-255-2903, ext. 222.
Effective immediately: anyone wanting a copy of their High School Equivalency GED®/HiSET® transcript or diploma must request it at www.diplomasender.com or call (855) 313-5799.
The GED®/HiSET® test is designed for people who, for various reasons, did not graduate from high school. Individuals 18 years of age and older (persons 16-17 with special permission) may receive a high school diploma issued by the State Dept. of Education upon successful completion of the GED®/HiSET® test. The GED®/HiSET® test is available in computer-based format only.
- Credit/Debit card payment only
- PearsonVue GED® is $34 per test section – $136 total; HiSET® is $20.25 per test section – $101.25 total.
- Registration is limited to testing lab seating
- Sign up for testing online 48 hours before testing date
Pre-registration is required and must be completed online at www.hiset.ets.org or www.MyGED.com. RRTC is an authorized PearsonVue and ETS HiSET® Testing Center for the computer-based GED®/HiSET® test.
Please contact Janice Gay, Adult Education Coordinator at 580-255-2903 or 1-888-607-2446 ext 222 for information concerning the GED®/HiSET® test, test accommodations and GED®/HiSET® Prep courses that are available at no cost.
GED® Test Schedule:
August 21 & 28
September 11 & 25
October 2, 16 & 30
November 6 & 20
December 4 & 18
January 22 & 29, 2020
February 12 & 26
March 11 & 25
April 1, 15 & 29
May 6 & 13
Test subjects may be taken one at a time.