Red River Technology Center Plans of Study for Short-Term Medical Classes
For adults looking to receive a high school diploma, Red River offers the Adult Education and Literacy Program as a vehicle for adults to prepare and test for the GED®. All GED® classes are free of charge, books are provided and courses are often offered at various locations throughout the district. Effective immediately: anyone wanting a copy of their GED transcript or diploma must request it at www.diplomasender.com or call (855) 313-5799.
Red River Technology Center offers a wide variety of choices for adults looking to improve their job skills, learn a new hobby or even change careers.
With five seven-week short-term evening sessions offered throughout the year, adults have the freedom to choose programs that work around a busy schedule.
Over 40 short-term classes are offered each session and over 250 online programs are offered continuously through the year. Each online course is six weeks in length and new courses begin the third Wednesday of each month.
Who is eligible?
1. Anyone who is age 16 or older and resides within the boundaries of the following 13 school districts is eligible to enroll:
Bray-Doyle, Central High, Comanche, Duncan, Empire, Grandview, Marlow, Ryan, Temple, Terral, Velma-Alma, Walters and Waurika.
2. Persons residing outside the named districts may also enroll. The tuition rate is increased for non-district residents. Call 580-255-2903 for details.
Applying – Easy as 1-2-3-4
Check the class schedule and select the class you wish to take.
1. Phone (580) 255-2903 or Toll-Free 1-888-607-2446 to enroll.
2. Stop by the Technology Center in person at 3300 West Bois D’Arc in Duncan.
3. Fill out the enrollment form and mail or fax it to the Technology Center.
4. Enroll on-line. Contact Teresa Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell her which class you want to take on which days and at what time. Include your name, social security number, address, and phone number.
Tuition and Fees for Short Term Courses:
Tuition is due and payable in full the first day of class. The cost for books, supplies, and materials will vary, depending on class requirements.
Residents outside the Red River Technology Center district will be charged an increased tuition rate.
Tuition will be refunded upon withdrawal from a short-term adult class as follows:
After the 1st class 100% minus a $5 registration fee
After the 2nd class 75%
After the 3rd class 50%
After the 4th class 25%
No refunds will be issued after the 5th class meeting.
No refund will be issued for classes which are 24 hours or less in length. Withdrawal must be done in person or by phone.
All short-term adult education classes require a minimum number of students. A class is subject to cancellation if there is insufficient enrollment. Every effort will be made to notify enrolled students if a scheduled class cannot be held.